You may make your own healthy dressing for salads, cooked whole grains, and beans by following the recipe below.
· 2 tablespoons flax seed oil
· 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil or tahini
· 2 tablespoons balsamic, rice, or other vinegar of your choice, or fresh lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon water
· 1 teaspoon Dijon or dry mustard
· 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
· 1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce (optional)
· Fresh or dried herbs of your choice
Shake in a jar or whisk together all ingredients except for oils. Add oils and mix well. Store in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, allow to sit out for several minutes before shaking well as it will harden when chilled. Make in quantity desired, using the same ratio.